lamehobo@gmail.com



"I'm not afraid to speak out, and say things that I want to do, or do the things that I want to do, so um, I think in the end, being natural, and being, being actually genuine is what wins." - Freddie Mercury.

"All the forces in the world are not so powerful as an idea whose time has come." - Victor Hugo.

“More people have been slaughtered in the name of religion than for any other single reason. That, my friends, that is true perversion.” - Harvey Milk.

"Silence never won rights. They are not handed down from above; they are forced by pressures from below." - Roger Baldwin.

Holy Shit! It's Been Ages Since My Last Post! Well, Merry Belated Christmas, Here Is One!
Merry-bloody-Aussie-Christmas!

I hope you all had a wonderful time with your families and got lots of goodies that you wanted... I got one huge of a gift - A TRIP TO MELBOURNE TO SEE BILLY ELLIOT!!! Fuck yeah! Thats all I got but I'm happy :D Also, I'm buying myself a new iPod Nano because ran out of space on my old one - 16GB of music! W00T!

I'm going to address this issue because its been driving me up teh wall...

One of my best friends, thy name I shalt not speak, is a Christian, of which I don't think is a bad thing, it's just that he keeps hovering over my head with his beliefs. He wants me to convert - i want to be left alone about the issue. This may get boring but just let me rant for a bit... OK this may not sound right or even make sense but I'm gonna say it anyway. Now, in teh Bible there is like one sentance that reads "One man shalt not lay with another man" or some shit like that - inturn telling of of Christianic society that being homosexual is a sin. When confronted with this issue with religion vs. sexuality I mainly turn to anger and here is what I believe - I will not change for anyone or anything in this universe, including God but until he can accept me for who I am, I will not worship the big guy. this is a snippit from the actual conversation and these are my words:
look - im not totally shut-down on the idea of a God, i mean, he might be up there - but i keep an open-mind - i don't think everything in the bible is true because it demises people in this modern, "sinful" world

My beliefs of loving a many people as possible rises in that argument and God is actually telling people to change which i think is going against his word and will not follow.

This is not how the conversation started btw but I'll segue into this topic of relation...

Another thing he believes is that people becoming homosexual is the parents fault! WTF! Being gay is no ones fault and should not even arise like that! The only thing that can alter are our values, attitudes and beliefs, ie. Valuing equality, my attitude to accept gay people and myself included and believing that everyone is equal - my VABs btw.
We don't choose to be gay, we are, and thats that. What we can choose is to accept and embrace it.
This topic started because he we scared that my children would turn gay via the environment that I would bring them up in. Even if they were, i I wouldn't care as long as they are good people!

But he is never going to stop pestering me about this stuff because he has "claimed salvation on my soul" which is going to grow into a pain in the neck.

Also, I told him that if he can't accept me, all of me, including my being homosexual and beliefs, then he cannot accept me at all... I would like comments about this, please, if you think I said the right there.

Lets get onto some good news! I am starting a new story (I should finish my other one... something for me to do tonight!!!!!) and it's all about Emotions. It's tells 5 situations through the eyes of various people in the scenarios, therefore, being able to create a realm of emotional feeling.

Other than that nothing that interesting has happened to date...

I wish you all the best for the NEW FUCKING YEAR!

LOVES YOU ALL!

--LameHobo xx

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

What an awesome Christmas present!! I got a phone, lol, yay!
Anyway I totally agree with your views on Christianity.
I just spent my Christmas with my grandparents and they have the same beliefs as your friend. It really bugs me because all they can go on about is how all other religions will send you to hell and they are racist, sexist and homophobic...yay! Lol, but you stick to what you are doing. I believe religion is a choice and is no one else's business but your own, no one has the right to try and convert someone.
Also you can't blame people's parents if they are homosexual, what is wrong with being homosexual anyway? I don't care if someone is homosexual/bisexual/straight all that matters is that they are a good person and respect others.
Plus it's been proven that homosexuality all relates back to DNA, people are born that way and that's cool with me.
Don't pay any attention to your friend, you stick with what you think and what you know and know that we're behind you.
Peace,
J.

28 December 2008 at 10:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home